Debt Consolidation and Debt Management Plans
Our programs do not include debt consolidation loans or require up-front fees for debt settlement services. Instead, RethinkingDebt provides you with practical budget counseling and works with you and your creditors to build a budget you can live with. Then, we manage the repayment of your debt. You make one monthly payment to us and we distribute the money to your creditors.
We contact each of your creditors and negotiate special terms such as:
- Lower interest rates on your loans or credit card balances
- Lower payments
- Re-aging of delinquent balances
- Removal of late fees and over limit fees
- Stopping debt collector calls to your home
Call 1-888-724-2227 or schedule an appointment for a free evaluation.
Rethinking Debt will respect your rights and will respond quickly and proactively when you think that a problem has not been resolved to your satisfaction. Rethinking Debt offers a dispute resolution process to ensure the best results.
How much will one of our debt management plans cost you?
The fee for our debt management services is $40 per month - one of the lowest in the industry. There is also a one-time setup fee of $25. RethinkingDebt keeps fees low because creditors pay most of the cost of our services.
Why do creditors want to work with us?
- Our programs have a better success rate than collection agencies.
- Your creditors know that we provide you with credit counseling, budget counseling, and financial education services that will help you successfully repay your debt.
- Your creditors know that we're committed to your success. Our Client Support Department is open daily M-F from 8am-5pm EST.
Why wait? Contact us to schedule an appointment for a free evaluation.
One of our nationally certified credit counselors will review your financial situation to see if our debt management programs are right for you. If not, we can offer you other credit counseling services including bankruptcy counseling, foreclosure prevention counseling, housing counseling, reverse mortgage counseling, and information about all of the options for paying off debts.
Benefits of Debt Consolidation and Debt Management Plans
Repaying debt is never an easy thing to do. RethinkingDebt has worked with hundreds of thousands of people over the last 45 years who have tried to repay their unsecured debts on their own and just couldn't do it. If you are committed to becoming debt free, contact us to schedule an appointment for a credit counseling session. One of our debt management plans might be right for you.
- Our fees are among the lowest in the industry. Our service fee is only $40 per month. There is a one-time setup fee of $25.
- Our debt consolidation and debt management plans make it easy. Instead of making payments to a variety of creditors every month and worrying about cash flow problems, our certified credit counselors work with you to set up one automatic withdrawal from your checking or savings account on the same date each month. Payments to your creditors are pre-scheduled, and distributed to them after we receive your payment.
- Our skilled negotiators work with each of your creditors to secure special terms. When you enroll in one of our debt management plans you don't have to worry about doing the negotiating. RethinkingDebt works to get your creditors to agree to lower interest rates and other concessions such as waived late fees and re-aging of your delinquent balances. Creditors will stop calling your home and contact us instead.
- Lower interest rates reduce the time to pay off considerably. More of each monthly payment goes to paying down your debt, rather than paying interest on the balance of your debt. Our debt consolidation and debt management plans have helped hundreds of thousands of people repay their debts faster and in an affordable, manageable manner. RethinkingDebt programs could make the difference between success and failure for you too!
- Our consumer credit counseling options can make all the difference. RethinkingDebt is committed to your success. Our Client Support Department is open daily M-F 9am-5pm EST. We provide consumer credit counseling including bankruptcy counseling, foreclosure prevention, housing counseling, reverse mortgage counseling, information about other debt repayment options, and financial education services.