Ex-wife and i bought a home together appx. 25 years ago. The bank loan was in both names and the house is in my wifes name or deed in her name. In the divorce, she has the house and makes all payments. So my credit report shows that I owe that amount and
Once a couple has split and it is determined that one person will remain in the home the couple once shared, it is the person remaining in the home's responsibilty to refinance that home solely in their name. If that was not done, the other may still see the debt or mortgage in their name showing on the credit report.
Back to Questions
Top 5 Questions
- What is the cost for counseling, and debt management services through CCCC?
- How does going on a debt management plan impact a good credit rating?
- How do I get on a Debt Management Plan?
- What services do you offer?
- Can I obtain a free credit report from all 3 agencies?
Ask a Question